Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Summary of Week Five

WEEK FIVE: 
Diet/Exercise
This week I became aware of an over-abundance of energy.  I realized that I was waking up earlier and earlier (on my own--no alarm clock!) and excited to get the day started! I also no longer needed naps before my workouts or in the afternoon. My strength was improving (I was already increasing weights at the gym), my cardio sessions were incredible (Umm... it might be because I discovered the Skrillex channel on Pandora??), yoga was not a chore but an exciting challenge, and I couldn't wait for my next session at the stairs!  I also decided to take "cutting out processed foods" to the next level.  I cut out caffeinated beverages - sianora diet coke! - and artificial sweeteners.  I allowed myself one cup of decaf coffee but eliminated coffee creamers and stuck to fat free milk only.  No sugar, not even Stevia.

Also, a HUGE highlight to Week Five was that I started to COOK!!  I roasted my own red peppers and yellow squash/zucchini, baked acorn squash, and made my own (delicious, might I say!) hummus!  I also threw a Sish Kebab dinner party with all organic fresh ingredients and homemade sauces and marinades that were a hit!  I felt like such an accomplished. woman :)  I'll post recipes later in my blog, once I get this whole thing up to speed.

I still am not necessarily "seeing" any changes in my body, but it could be because they are very subtle.  After all, at 5'9" and 145lbs (apparently 19.0% body fat?) I don't really have ALL that much to lose.  But I have an overwhelming sense of well-being.  I don't have bad skin but I have noticed that the skin on my arms is particularly shiny, especially around my shoulders.  And my nails and hair feel very strong and shiny too.  When I was doing a lat pull-down exercise, I felt my lats flex for maybe one of the first times ever?  It was an incredibly empowering feeling.  Week Six, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment